Cypress Landers Fishing
This Committee shall plan and organize fishing related activities and educational opportunities that promote development of angling skills, knowledge of fish behavior and habitat, and an understanding of fishery conservation and management for residents of Cypress Landing North Carolina.”
We propose the following:
- Revive and renew the Annual Cypress Landing Fishing Tournament.
- Conduct a simple and informal benefit Fishing Tournament with the proceeds being donated to a local charity or charities.
- Schedule some Saturdays, Sundays or selected weekdays where those members who own fishing or patio boats would invite and welcome other local residents who want to learn to fish or just get out and do a little fishing.
- Sponsor one or more professional commercial fishing guide presentations on “Where are the Fish and How do you Catch Them?
- Promote and publicize fish stories and pictures so we have proof that the stories told in the Marina Lounge and the Bay Club Bar are really true! Or are they just fish tales? In any case don't take our word for it; see for yourself. Check out this LINK.
Our committee hosted John Kovaly, a master "fly tier". John is the fly tier in residence in Cypress Landing. Recently, he volunteered to demo this unusual craft in a Fly Fishing Seminar. Be sure to check it out. Link to video.
Larry Crosby email@example.com
Bob Douglas firstname.lastname@example.org
|Fly Tying Lecture||Tuesday, June 14||Lecture presented by residemt John Kovaly.|
|Fly Casting Demo/Clinic||Sunday, June 19||Instructor for this Demonstration & Clinic is CL resident John Kovaly. This will be held at the pond on CL Trail some time in the afternoon.|
|Kayak Poker Run/Fishing Tournament||Sunday, June 26||Event will be coordinated by Jeff Howett & Bob Douglas. This will be a combined Kayak Poker Run and Fishing Tournament at the Marina/Chocowinity Bay area. If successful, a second Kayak/Fishing event will be scheduled for September.|
|Ocean Fishing Trip||To be determined/See Details||Driss Zougari continues to work with Carolina Princess Headboat. Boat can only accommodate 60 passengers due to COVID restrictions. Two dates where our group can be accommodated have been identified as Friday, May 20 or Saturday, July 16.|
|Crab Catching Content for Youth||Saturday or Sunday in July or August||Event to be scheduled on a Saturday or Sunday in July/August with final date being selected when crabs are abundant.|
|Annual Fishing Tournament||Saturday, October 8||Larry Crosby and Bob Douglas co-chairs. New annual/perpetual trophy to be awarded to the fisherman and/or fisherwoman catching the largest fish.|
Winner of Tournament-Charles Tanner